Atheosphere memes are stupid, boring, and annoying. I believe that, but I may be wrong.
So, in case I am, here’s a meme.
Think of some things you believe that may be wrong. Write them on your blog. Don’t tag anyone, but drop the hint that if your friends really care about your feelings, they’ll follow through with their own lists.
- A really intelligent person can’t be religious.
Corollary: If you write in English without knowing the most basic mechanics of the language — spelling, punctuation, grammar, capitalization — chances are very good that you’re either a first-grader or a Christian.
- Spectators go to car races mainly hoping to see crashes.
Corollary: There’s no fucking way that driving is a sport.
- You can get almost any household chore accomplished with a Swiss Army Knife and a roll of paper towels.
- Most bloggers, including me, are nuts in some way.
Corollary: I only threw myself in there so the rest of you don't get insulted.
- When the word “adorable” is injected into a conversation, it’s time to change the subject.
Corollary: Neither your cats nor your kids are interesting to the rest of us.
- Anyone who can’t finish The New York Times Sunday Crossword Puzzle in half an hour or less is inferior to me.
- One can live a full life without ever watching American Idol.
Corollary: One can live a full life without ever listening to country music.
- People who shlep their belongings to Antiques Road Show are a little creepy.
Corollary: Antiques Road Show is a covert arm of the yard-sale industry.
- If someone says he’s “for the people,” he’s hardly ever for me.
- Raisin Bran tastes better than plain bran flakes to which you’ve added raisins.
Corollary: Cocoa Crispies taste better than plain Rice Crispies on which you’ve poured cocoa.