Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Shop at This Mall for Free

It should come as no surprise to my regular readers that I’m a curmudgeonly old atheist, and fairly set in my conceptual ways. As a libertarian and First Amendment purist, however, I think it’s essential that all –isms be entitled to a fair hearing unrestricted by government. Every now and then, I like to go browsing through the marketplace of ideas; the more varieties available, the more interesting my intellectual saunter is. Yes, for the most part, I’m highly selective about the vendors that grab my attention. However, once in a while a new seller catches my eye, and I wind up trying something on for size. Sometimes, I even find myself buying a useful notion.

American Bloggers for Inclusive Debates is a blogroll that offers one-stop shopping in the Mall of the Mind. I’ve decided to join, and am honored and delighted to take part in the dialogue. Naturally, I don’t agree with everything I encounter there. Nor do I expect all the other alliance members to agree with me. It’s reassuring to know, though, that there are so many bloggers willing to work together to create a forum for free thought.

You’ll notice that I’ve added the blogroll’s link not only to this specific post, but also to my Political and Legal category over there on your left. Go examine the merchandise.

0 comments: