Sunday, October 28, 2007

Another Triumph for the Atheist Logo

Hold onto your hats (which aren't yarmulkes, I hope). You're about to see something that ought to get Gary Bauer's pious panties in a twist. And James Dobson will certainly not want any families focusing on this. I suppose Michael Medved will have something to say about subliminal messages coming out of Hollywood.

We nonbelievers should be proud of ourselves for spreading a meme through the culture so quickly. Our beloved Atheist "A" is showing up all over the place. The fact that it's yellow in the following pic doesn't diminish its impact at all. Notice how cleverly the godless artists have utilized the red motif in the shirt!

If the "A" isn't sufficient to clue you that the chipmunk's a colleague in not-Christ, you can definitely tell he's an atheist by that smug smirk on his face. After all, that expression is another one of our symbols. Just ask any fundie.

You might also be interested to learn that both chipmunk and human atheists share some of the same natural enemies: weasels and snakes.


Next thing you know, he'll be campaigning to remove "In God We Trust" from all acorns and berries. And watch soon for Alvin's new book, The God Nuttiness: How Religion Poisons Rodents.

9 comments:

PhillyChief said...

Nice.

Don't forget about the Oakland A's baseball team. You know who to root for when they play the Padres. ;)

Spanish Inquisitor said...

Is that the White House they're standing in front of?

The Exterminator said...

SI:
Yes, it does look like the White House, now that you mention it. I bet the guys are there to show their disapproval of the president's "Faith-based Hula Hoops" initiative.

Babs Gladhand said...

I knew there was a reason I always adored chipmunks. Not exactly these chipmunks. I've always found them a bit annoying. But, cute and fluffy real chipmunks...I love their godless little hearts.

DaVinci said...

Hmm, I always thought Alvin wore that A because it stood for Anoying.

Anonymous said...

When I am castigated and chastised for my lack of belief, I often think of it as hearing, "ALVIIIIIIN!"

Anonymous said...

My harp teacher is plagued by chipmunks, and a couple actually got into her house and caused damage. I had a solution, and she was horrified. I told her that incarceration and rehabilitation really wasn't a viable option.

C. L. Hanson said...

I think we should claim the smug smirk -- he makes a cute atheist. The cartoon was as crappy as all Saturday morning cartoons, but maybe they'll get actual writers for the film version. (Not getting my hopes up though -- I assume they'll go with the standard T.V.-to-movie tradition of using a computer-generated script.)

If there really is a film of this coming up, I'll probably end up watching it (not precisely voluntarily...) and I'll be sure to tell you all if it provides good atheist role-models for kids! ;^)

the blogger formerly known as yinyang said...

I think at one point I liked Alvin and the Chipmunks, but that picture's creepy.